flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJx] MXML output - FlexJS
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 20:32:48 GMT
Last I looked, you were still using the threads to get the bytes from each
compilation unit, which is good.  Yesterday, I started in on CSS support in
FlexJS and realized that the CSS support in Falcon also uses the BURM.  Are
you going to re-write that and any other sub-compilers as well (resources,
fxg)?

-Alex

On 3/6/13 12:18 PM, "Michael Schmalle" <apache@teotigraphix.com> wrote:

> Alex,
>
> The business logic side of things I am sure is pretty close to what
> you have in FalconJS.
>
> When Erik finishes the MXML, there is no reason to even think about
> FalconJS anymore. The jx framework is completly capable of creating
> any type of output we want and also extends itself to others in the
> community openly creating NEW output formats to suit there own needs.
>
> This framework is truly in the spirit of Apache and will be supported
> for some time to come.
>
> I am looking forward to Erik getting the MXML working so we can test
> more real world AS against the emitters and find any weird bugs.
>
> Mike
>

> Quoting Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>:
>
>> OK.  I'm still hoping to be able to take a closer look at what you guys are
>> doing in the next couple of weeks.
>>

>> On 3/6/13 11:57 AM, "Michael Schmalle" <apache@teotigraphix.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm just replying for the sake of completeness.
>>>
>>> All I said today was I found an original impl basically reusing the
>>> logic you had in FalconJS.
>>>
>>> Erik is working on the MXML, so I am not even getting close to anybody
>>> thinking I am trying to step on feet, I should have just said nothing
>>> and deleted the file. :)
>>>
>>> I'm working on other todos that are getting the base a lot more stable
>>> so I can leave it for a time. The core visitor framework is stable in
>>> my opinion anyway.
>>>
>>> Mike

If I

FalconJx right