flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Mustella CI server
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 04:31:16 GMT
We need to see the differences in the bitmap compare failures.

But first:
1) Are you running FP11.1 or 11.2?  Anything older and newer might have
bitmap compare issues.  But then I would expect even more failures.
2) Can you try to open each font file in Assets/Fonts in the file Explorer?
I got caught once when it thought one of the fonts was "downloaded from the
internet" and that security dialog popped up.
3) The Marshall Plan failures imply that the HTTP server is not listening at
port 80 or 8080 (depending on how you set it up and whether you used that
Localhost8080 mixin) and rooted at mustella/tests.

And to answer your earlier question, a second pass should be enough.  Any
test that fails the second pass needs to be examined and fixed or excluded.
Really, we should be fixing all tests that fail on the first pass as well.

On 3/3/13 3:06 PM, "Om" <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

> BTW, after running it on the same VM for 5 times, there are a whole bunch
> of tests that are failing.  The complete results.txt file is here:
> http://pastebin.com/SvVtDigy
> How do we proceed?
> Thanks,
> Om
> On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 7:34 AM, Frédéric THOMAS
> <webdoublefx@hotmail.com>wrote:
>> Hi Om,
>> It is difficult to say, it is really depending of the machine, consider
>> that anyway, I run the test with -failures 3 times in general before the
>> times out are gone.
>> Not sure it helps but...
>> -Fred
>> -----Message d'origine----- From: OmPrakash Muppirala
>> Sent: Sunday, March 03, 2013 7:02 AM
>> To: dev@flex.apache.org
>> Subject: Mustella CI server
>> I have finally got a full run of Mustella running on a Windows Azure VM.  I
>> am next planning to set up a Jenkins server to run it at least twice
>> everyday at least 12 hours apart (on multiple servers including Carlos's
>> private server, and at least one Windows Azure box)
>> But I have a problem because of the Mustella works.  Ideally, I would like
>> to get an email notification when the Mustella tests fail.  But it seems
>> that some Mustella tests randomly fail due to time out errors.
>> How many times should Jenkins run mini-run.sh -failures before it gives up
>> and sends an email notification?  How was this handled internally at Adobe?
>> Thanks,
>> Om

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team