flex-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Rovira <carlos.rov...@codeoscopic.com>
Subject Re: Git Migration Reset
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 17:59:24 GMT

it seems svn changes not in GIT are a source of problems for many of us.
Only want to let you know that really it's not. All of you with a delta set
of changes can extract a patch or even copy de structure of files over your
git clone (maybe more easy). Then you will see the same changes that you
had in SVN and you are able to continue working locally.

Then when GIT repo has RW open...you can pull to remote.

Things are moving now with Davids effort and he will done it from scratch,
but only want to share this info to let you know that maybe you are seeing
a problem where there is none.

Hope that helps.

2013/3/13 Om <bigosmallm@gmail.com>

> In case you are not following the JIRA ticket, Infra has confirmed that
> they have opened SVN back up for read/write.  Also, they will be starting
> the move to Git this evening (GMT -5) again.
> *So, everyone please check-in all your changes into SVN asap.  *Sometime
> this evening, SVN will go read-only at which point the migration to Git
> will start.
> Here is David@Infra's note regarding this:
> I'll start from scratch this evening. I'll make a list of svn trees and
> > start down them one by one, though I'll likely get multiple done in a
> > single sitting. Typically it takes 20 minutes to a few dedicated hours of
> > time per svn tree > git migration.  I'll probably take asjs, external and
> > falcon tonight. Then the PMC needs to audit, and we can make it RW when
> > you are satisfied. If we find problems with a given migration, I've had
> it
> > take substantially longer, or be a quick fix, it depends. That said, I
> > can't give you a dedicated timeline for all of this - I am doing this as
> > volunteer, and am travelling extensively this week, so I'll try and take
> > care of it as I have time available.
> And if you have any questions and suggestions do so quickly so I can
> clarify with David.  Please DO NOT post on the JIRA ticket.  I will be
> online for the 12 hours (at least)  I plan to help shepherd this process
> all the way to the end.
> Thanks,
> Om

Carlos Rovira