flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: [OT] Log history
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 10:23:54 GMT
I don't agree. I think all work should be done on a 'feature' branch -
there is no inherent difference between changing code to create a new
feature and changing code to fix a bug. Also, more then one person
might want cooperate on fixing a bug, in which case a 'feature' branch
is also called for. In order to keep things simple, I suggest we
always work on 'feature' branches, so we can avoid introducing more
rules that determine when to use one and when not to. KISS :-)

Also: the Gitflow article mentions the 'develop' branch is actually
the 'integration' branch, which I also read as: don't work on it
directly.

EdB

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Justin Mclean
<justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> As the Gitflow model this project agreed to follow says to always (and
>> only) work on feature branches
> For features yes but not for bug fixes as far as I'm aware. Notice the yellow dots on
the develop branch with no arrows from other branches. Bugfixes are not the same as hotfixes
as hotfixes are applied to the release branch not the develop branch.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht