flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: [FalconJx] MXML output - FlexJS
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 18:55:17 GMT
> I understand what you are saying but that is what the walker is for because
> most output is never going to translate to the existing structure of what
> will be output as the case with FlexJS and it's data structures. In AS we
> have a 1 to 1 relationship with the AST to source code.

FlexJS and it's data structures are certainly not the only way to go
from MXML to JS. In VanillaSDK I need to follow a different path, as
the idea is that any and all MXML (within the js-goog namespace I've
create for the SDK) will be usable.

> I see this as duplicate work considering in MXML you are basically cherry
> picking what you need and creating an internal model based on the data
> parsed which then you will loop through and create the js class.

Right now, to get a feel for FlexJS and get it's development over to
FalconJx as soon as possible, I've given priority to the
implementation of it's quirky MXML. But, like I said, I will have a
full MXML parser some time in the foreseeable future and it will serve
at least the VanillaSDK/goog output.

Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht