flex-dev mailing list archives

From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git commit emails
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 17:45:40 GMT
On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Gordon Smith <gosmith@adobe.com> wrote:

> The email subject is currently something like "git commit: The
> files/directories to exclude while checkin". Since we have 4 different
> repos, can we customize this to show which repo the commit was for? (Why?
> Because I want to pay more attention to commits to flex-falcon than to
> flex-sdk.) I suggest something like
>
> git commit [flex-sdk] The files/directories to exclude while checkin
>
> which makes it easy for the eye to filter on the repo.
>
> - Gordon

There is documentation on how this works:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/docs/switching-to-git.html#commit-email-subject-format

I guess the format you want for Falcon would be something like:

git commit [%(repo_name)s]: %(subject)s

If folks want to come up with a commit email subject format for each repo,
I can give that to Infra and they set it up for us.

If everyone likes this format, we can keep this format for all the repos.

Thanks,
Om