flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject UIComponent and week reference to resource manager change handler
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 02:48:54 GMT

A week references to an event handler is being created in the UIComponent.

// Register as a weak listener for "change" events from ResourceManager.
// If UIComponents registered as a strong listener,
// they wouldn't get garbage collected.
    Event.CHANGE, resourceManager_changeHandler, false, 0, true);

Do we care that this is never removed? Being a week reference it should be garbage collected
at some point but perhaps it safer if we explicitly removed it at a guess in the removed from
stage handler? Anyone have any other thoughts?

Also see:

There a few other components that do the exact same thing.