flex-dev mailing list archives

From Dasa Paddock <dpadd...@esri.com>
Subject Re: Git's "branches are cheap and fast but modal" model
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 23:24:13 GMT
The stash name includes the branch it came from.

On Mar 19, 2013, at 4:20 PM, Gordon Smith <gosmith@adobe.com>
 wrote:

>> If there is no conflicting changes all of your current changes will be kept but you'll
now be working in the new branch.

> That's exactly the problem, because this is hardly ever what I want. The solution seems
to be to commit prematurely, or stash into a stack where you lose track which branch a given
stash came from.

> - Gordon

to commit in the current branch you working on to save your work.
> Git checkout branch is not quite the same as switching branches in SVN. If there is no
conflicting changes all of your current changes will be kept but you'll now be working in
the new branch. You may need to be careful with this as it's possible to commit changes form
one branch into another accidentally.