flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Log history
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 09:58:06 GMT
HI,

> The point, in the example I provided was to illustrate how you should work from a branch
Sure for a feature (and especially when multiple people need to work on it) I see the benefit
but for a single change to a single file?

>  nothing destructive using pull --rebase as soon as you understand when, where and why
to use it.
So why do the Git official docs state this?
"This is a potentially dangerous mode of operation. It rewrites history, which does not bode
well when you published that history already. Do not use this option unless you have read
git-rebase(1) carefully."

All of the basic tutorials I've seen don't use "git pull --rebase".

> Know something once and for ever: rebasing preserve a good history and is not destructive
What I don't understand is why it's so important to have a "clean" history at the expense
of  making it easy to use.

Thanks,
Justin