flex-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: FXG to SVG - working example
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 20:39:05 GMT

Quoting Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>:

> On 3/15/13 1:14 PM, "Michael Schmalle" <apache@teotigraphix.com> wrote:
>> The problem is, SWF is so
>> interconnected in the generator packages that you might have a problem
>> getting a polarity with using the BURM.
> Don't know what "polarity" meant, but hopefully it doesn't really matter.

Bad word, I meant polarity in emitters as what the BURM generators
offer right now with FalconJS, properties, css, as, mxml.

>> On that note; This would take more study to fully understand, but at
>> the moment I don't have time to investigate. I guess you will have to
>> weigh the options or get a "feel" for the Falcon framework when your
>> not under as much of a timeline/deadline?
>> That being said, the FalconJx framework was meant to be created in
>> component sections, so if your end goal is to create things with it
>> fully, I would suggest things being ported to its emitter, or it will
>> for ever have a crutch on SWF.
> Good point about the generators being tied to SWF constructs.  But I am
> assuming you that, in order to service different file types we will have
> several emitters?  One for AS, one for MXML/AS?  I think I will create one
> for CSS and someone will create one for FXG->SVG?  And since these two
> probably won't generate JS "classes", I think they won't be tied to the SWF
> constructs in the generator and thus will copy over "easily".

Right, if I was getting paid for this stuff, I could have most of it
done in a month or two, so using the pattern I have created with
FalconJx all your emitters with file handlers are possible.

To realize what you need Alex, the knife is already built, its just
adding the blades.

> --
> Alex Harui
> Flex SDK Team