flex-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject RE: [Falcon] Token stream recording
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 18:48:48 GMT

Quoting Gordon Smith <gosmith@adobe.com>:

> I don't think it would be hard to store the entire token stream that
> produced a tree, but it sounds like you want to somehow keep track
> of what tokens produced what node, which is more complicated and
> probably overkill. We chose not to store tokens in order to minimize
> memory.

I have another project that has to do with read-write AS AST, so I was
asking if it's something I could add a flag, or something that code be
turned on(the implementation) if a sub framework needed it.

> What information is missing in the tree that you need? The presence
> of parens? If you need paren information in the tree, I would just
> add a field like hasParens to BinaryOperatorNode. Or add
> ParenthesizedExpressionNode.
>
> But why not just wrap parens around each binary operator expression
> when you emit JS? Is that what FalconJS does?

I just did this today, I don't know how FalconJS does it since it uses
the BURM I try to stay away. :)

There are some somethings like String concatenation that add extra
logic and who knows what else will come up. I did fix it I feel 75%
today though.

Mike