flex-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJx] major commit ready to go...
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 00:16:52 GMT
Erik;

> renamed IASNodeStrategy to INodeStrategy

I disagree, please rename that interface back to IASNodeStrategy.

The only method it has is handle(IASNode node), notice the IASNode. It
is a IASNode handler strategy.

Can we please be a little more pragmatic at this refactoring and
renaming? I don't understand what compelled you to want to rename that
interface.

I'm really not liking this 'common' folder at all. I really believe
common API belongs in it's own package, not sub packages of a common
directory. Look at how the falcon framework is laid out, they do not
abuse the common directory.

Putting codegen and things on a common directory when there is already
a codegen directory is redundant and confusing for others in the
future. That being said, I said it was MY mistake not making a codegen
and driver directory in compiler. If you want to refactor, do it right
and make a codegen, driver in the compiler, then move the 'as', 'js'
and 'mxml' into the codegen package and axe the common package.

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com