flex-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJx] major commit ready to go...
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 21:26:18 GMT

I purposely did not want anything ActionScript tied to MXML. There was
a way to invoke the walker within the MXML visitor(... sounds like you
might have done this).

I guess this is what I get for not finishing it to a point of working.
Email is to hard to discuss something like this where you have already
changed things.

I just have one blunt question, have you at all tied the AS
implementation to the MXML, I don't care the other way around but, if
you changed any of the AS visitor implementation that is coupled to
the MXML I think its a bad design and needs to be thought about, if
not, great then.

Quoting Erik de Bruin <erik@ixsoftware.nl>:

> Mike et al.,
> I have a reasonably big commit lined up. To make AS embedded in MXML
> work without doing duplicate work, I figured I could best use the
> existing ASEmitter and subclases. To make this work, I needed to add
> an ASBlockWalker to the MXMLBlockWalker and make adjustments to some
> existing code (refactoring of interfaces and method signatures,
> mostly). I was able to keep most of this trickery limited to MXML
> classes, but I needed to make some changes to these 'common' and AS
> classes:
> - renamed IASNodeStrategy to INodeStrategy, as it is now 'common' and
> used by both AS and MXML; this renaming touches 'a few' other classes,
> like IJSEmitter and the classes in
> 'org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.as.codegen'
> - created IBlockVisitor and IBlockWalker as 'common' interfaces
> - refactored IASBlockVisitor and IASBlockWalker to extend these new
> interfaces
> All tests pass (I even managed to get a few more done for FlexJS) and
> the road ahead seems clear...
> Let me know if any of this will break anything beyond repair - or at
> least beyond a little time spend adjusting code to the new - if I
> commit these changes,
> EdB
> --
> Ix Multimedia Software