flex-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Smith <gosm...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: I'm confused about local vs. remote branches
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 18:21:18 GMT
You seem to be right. I tried 'git checkout develop' and it switched to that branch. Afterwards
'git branch' showed

So now that I have two local branches, will 'git pull' update both of them, or only the current

- Gordon

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik de Bruin [mailto:erik@ixsoftware.nl]
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2013 11:00 AM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: I'm confused about local vs. remote branches

The way I understand it, if you do "git checkout develop", it will give you a local copy of
the develop branch that tracks 'origin/develop'… but I'm also just learning git, so please
correct me if I'm explaining this wrong.

Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl (http://www.ixsoftware.nl)

On Monday, March 18, 2013 at 18:52, Gordon Smith wrote:

> I've cloned the flex-sdk repo. When I do 'git branch' all I see is
> * master
> but when I do 'git branch -a' I see
> * master
> remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/master
> remotes/origin/develop
> remotes/origin/patches
> remotes/origin/release4.9
> I'm not clear on how to read this, but it looks like the remote repo has a develop branch
but my local repo doesn't. Does that mean I can't do 'git checkout develop'?
> - Gordon

View raw message