flex-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Smith <gosm...@adobe.com>
Subject Falcon MXML progress
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 08:39:22 GMT
The syntax of an MXML document is now represented by a set of thread-safe read-only interfaces
(IMXMLData, IMXMLTagData, IMXMLTagAttributeData, etc.) Clients of the MXML document, such
as the MXML tree builder, now access the document only through these interfaces and no longer
use the concrete classes. This makes the syntax view (i.e., IMXMLData) similar to the semantic
view (i.e., IMXMLFileNode).

Next I'll polish the API of these interfaces a bit (probably removing the "Data", which doesn't
add anything useful), separate the interfaces and the classes into separate packages, and
write unit tests to verify that we're creating the correct IMXMLData structure, at least in
the case of well-formed MXML. I should have done this before writing the AST tests, because
syntactically parsing the MXML precedes constructing the tree.

- Gordon