flex-dev mailing list archives

From "Kessler CTR Mark J" <mark.kessler....@usmc.mil>
Subject RE: [3/3] git commit: Merge branch 'develop' of https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flex-sdk into develop
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 17:31:42 GMT
I'm just hoping for mostly agreed upon way of doing business...  So if I was starting from
scratch to create a patch for a JIRA issue I would then do something like...

1)  Clone Flex-SDK;  the whole thing (creates local from remote apache servers)
2)  Checkout the develop branch from the new local clone. (local)
3)  Create a new feature branch (local)
4)  Update required files in feature branch (local)
5)  Commit changes for feature branch(local)
6)  Run a diff to create a patch off of the feature branch. (local)
7)  Merge the changes from the feature branch back in develop branch(local)

Is this correct so far?  I mean minus what to name feature branches or special commands to
modify history / timelines.

-Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik de Bruin [mailto:erik@ixsoftware.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 12:35 PM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: [3/3] git commit: Merge branch 'develop' of https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flex-sdk
into develop

And now it's really time to explain this to - or rather: prescribe this for - us mere mortals.
I think a couple of simple use cases with the exact steps/commands on the wiki (checkout,
commit, push, pull) should be an excellent start.

Time for some of the other very vocal git proponents to step up and actually help out?

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27