flex-dev mailing list archives

From Dwayne Henderson <its.code.in.h...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improving Flex Chart's CSS support
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2013 07:33:31 GMT
Here they are. Would somebody who's already familiar with JIRA mind
importing these please?

1. Positioning items in a row:

<s:layout>
  <s:HorizontalLayout />
</s:layout>

Oughta be: #column-chart { display: inline; } or inline-block

2. Hiding shadows:

<mx:seriesFilters>
  <fx:Array />
</mx:seriesFilters>

Oughta be: #column-chart { box-shadow: none; } or .drop-shadow { display:
none; }

3. Hiding grid lines:

<mx:backgroundElements>
  <fx:Array />
</mx:backgroundElements>

Oughta be: .grid-lines { display: none; }

4. Hiding axis lines and tick placements:

<mx:horizontalAxisRenderers>
  <mx:AxisRenderer id="horizontalAxis" axis="{chart.horizontalAxis}"
showLine="false" tickPlacement="none" />
</mx:horizontalAxisRenderers>
<mx:verticalAxisRenderers>
  <mx:AxisRenderer id="verticalAxis" axis="{chart.verticalAxis}"
showLine="false" tickPlacement="none" />
</mx:verticalAxisRenderers>

Oughta be:

#horizontal-axis-renderer.gridlines,
#horizontal-axis-renderer.tick-placements,
#vertical-axis-renderer.gridlines,
#vertical-axis-renderer.tick-placements { display: none; }

8. No made up declaration names (make those selectors instead):

.myAxisStyles { showLine: false; tickPlacement: none; }

Oughta be: .axis-lines, .tick-placements { display: none; }

5. Use real size units:

mx|DataTip { paddingLeft: 3; paddingTop: 3; }

Oughta be: .datatip { padding-left: 3px; padding-top: 3px; }

7. Support CSS shorthand:

.datatip { padding: 3px 0 0 3px; }

--Dwayne