flex-dev mailing list archives

From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Website stats - LIVE
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 20:23:33 GMT
On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 2/1/13 11:12 AM, "Om" <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 2079 unique visitors during a full day of tracking - JAN-31-2013
> >
> > I dont know about others, but I am blown away with these kind of numbers.
> >  I would have been very happy if the numbers were in the 100s :-)
> Me too, but I'm wondering if it is a bit skewed by folks updating profiles
> in the new site?  Also, do these numbers filter out search engine robots?

Google analytics tracks stats by a call made to a javascript function
available in each page we want to track.  Unless robots are invoking these
js functions (highly unlikely) search engine robots will not affect the
stats.

The about-people.html page accounts for only 197 hits of the total 2,340
unique page views.  The website root, about-features.html, installer.html,
doc-getstarted.html, doc-videos.html, download-utilities.html pages account
for the bulk of the unique page views.

I think the publicity we got for the recent releases and more importantly
the new website launch got us a lot of buzz.

All the more reason for us to keep pushing out releases and continue our PR
efforts on blogs and social media.

Om