flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Preparing 4.10 release (was: locale problems w/ eclipse and SDK 4.9)
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 11:16:28 GMT

> - Can't use Flash Builder for projects using locales other than en_US
> - Can't use the apache and experimental lib  with locales other than english

Can you give a bit more detail on this as I've used 4.9 with the eu_AU locale with no issues.
If there is a issue we can patch the release branch and make a 4.9.1 release as that may be
a faster process.

> I think a new release needs to be done.
But I agree that we have enough for a new release, it may require a bit of polishing however.

> Before doing it, I would like to make a call to contributors, committers to translate
locales for the apache and experimental lib.
> Before writing this call and the instructions to translate the locales in the user list
I'm willing to help out there both with the release any any locale work.

> volunteer to be release manager for the 4.10 (I think I can't as I'm not PMC).
Anyone can be a release manager and in theory they don't even have to be a committer (but
practically they need to be). It's the PMC votes on the release.

View raw message