flex-dev mailing list archives

From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Mustella on Amazon EC2
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:02:56 GMT
>From my experience, you need at least a medium sized windows instance.
If you have a look at http://aws.amazon.com/de/ec2/pricing/ you could estimate the costs,
but from my experience the monthly bill is a lot higher than you would anticipate. Currently
I have the one node running for about 10 Hours per month (I configured Teamcity Agent to shutdown
the instance after idling for 10 munites and I manually trigger the builds every few days).
My bill is at about 23$/Month which relates to 355 hours (14 days) of up-time according to
the price list. I guess there might be more factors making up the price of a node. Unfortunately
I don't actually know how the final bill is actually calculated (They don't show it on the
bill). So I would be carefull to volunteer of paying the bill as this might be a lot higher
than you anticipate.

Chris

Von: Erik de Bruin [erik@ixsoftware.nl]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 19. Februar 2013 16:46
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Mustella on Amazon EC2

Anyone with experience care to make a guess what a sufficiently
powerful instance would cost per month? I for one would be willing to
donate a couple of dollars (at least) per month to see this happen,
and I'm sure more people will feel the same way...

EdB

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 3:42 PM, christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
<christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
> Well I spoke with
> Toan Nguyen
> Enterprise Sales Manager
>
> I have no idea if there is anyone we should better contact.
> All I did was fill out the form on the AWS Sales site. He was the one responding to this
and this morning we spoke a few minutes.

> To me it looked as if Amazon wasn't really willing to provide Medium Windows instances
free of charge. He claimed that Amazon couldn't go around giveing away free nodes to everyone
(At least this was the essence of what he told me).
> Eventaully someone else might think differently.
>
> Chris

costs them very much to donate some resources to Apache Flex… Anyone have a contact there?

> I personally use AWS, but not on the scale that I have any real pull…
>
> On Feb 19, 2013, at 10:25 AM, Christofer Dutz wrote:
>
>> Well unfortunately I don't have good news :-( just tasked to them and it seems they
don't want to do more than give us their 1 year free offer. Unfortunately that doesn't cover
windows and medium sized instances.

>> I think a CI nightly build is essential for getting a stable trunk. Especially with
more and more people contributing and not ruining the entire test suite.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht