flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Doroshko <alexander.doros...@jetbrains.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Interesting stat from JetBrains
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 13:38:58 GMT
- ActionScript/Flex support is included in IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate
Edition only [1]
- 30-day free fully functional trial period [2]. Afterwards you can ask
sales@jetbrains.com to extend trial period.
- members of open source projects (e.g. Apache Flex committers) can
apply for a free license [3]
- IntelliJ IDEA personal license costs $199 whereas Flash Builder is $699

Some documentation resources:
- Feature overview [4]
- Embedded help: Language and Framework-Specific Guidelines |
ActionScript and Flex, also available online [5]
- More than 50 short video screencasts by John Lindquist at JetBrains TV
[6] (start from 'IntelliJ IDEA 11.1 Flex Features')
- Two articles at JetBrains wiki: quick start with AIR app for Android
[7], Flexmojos-driven workflow [8]
- A lot of 3rd party blog posts and tutorials in the Internet

You can try to start even without looking at docs: either Import Project
| <select Flash Builder workspace> or New Project | Flash Module.

Feedback and any questions are welcome at the forum [9], bugs and
feature requests - in the issue tracker [10]. Or just email me directly.

Alexander Doroshko
IntelliJ IDEA Flash Team Lead
"Develop with pleasure!"

[1] http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/features/editions_comparison_matrix.html
[2] http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download/index.html
[3] http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/buy/index.jsp
[4] http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/features/flex_ide.html
[5] http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/webhelp/actionscript-flex-and-air.html
[6] http://tv.jetbrains.net/tags/john-lindquist
[9] http://devnet.jetbrains.net/community/idea/ideacommunity
[10] http://youtrack.jetbrains.net

On 12.02.2013 16:32, Jagan Langa Sami Durai wrote:
> I thought to try the IDEA for my flex development, after seeing a lot of
> discussions in this group and in linkedlin about the comparison between
> IDEA and FB. I'm using FB for past 5 years (From FB3 to FB4.7). I really
> don't know where to start in IDEA. I downloaded the community version and
> installed it. after that I don't see any options to create a flex project.
> or options to add a plugin to support flex project.
> My Doubts are,
> 1. Can I create flex project in community version..?
> 2. Is there a trial version available for flex development ?
> 3. When compared to the cost of the FB4.7 and IDEA seems equal. How do you
> guys(IDEA team) believe that you can attract the developers and most
> importantly the Management peoples or the clients who is familiar
> (almost addicted) with FB?
> 4. I don't see any dedicated page/product for "IDEA for Flex" in the IDEA
> product page, do i really missed that page in their products page..?

View raw message