flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Doroshko <alexander.doros...@jetbrains.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Interesting stat from JetBrains
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 12:10:33 GMT
Hi,
I'm the author of that blog post.
Marketing guys asked me not to give numbers, but I hope they do not read
this mailing list :). So I can say that IntelliJ IDEA has several
thousand of active ActionScript/Flex developers who agreed to send
anonymous usage statistics to JetBrains and they run/debug Flash apps
hundreds of thousands times a month.

Unfortunately we do not know percentage of IntelliJ IDEA users who agree
to send anonymous statistics. If it is 10% then we have tens of
thousands of Flash developers, if it is 1% - there are hundreds of
thousands of them (which I doubt :) ). So, assuming that this percentage
is constant, we can only analyze trends.

Just checked statistics for January 2013 - there's incredible 35% growth
compared to December 2012!

According to the feedback my personal opinion is that most of new users
are not technology newbies, but they are looking for an alternative IDE.

--
Alexander Doroshko
IntelliJ IDEA Flash Team Lead