flex-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJx] Refactoring packages
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 23:18:53 GMT
I'm going to reply to my own post here.

I disagree with where you put Emitter.

Until we support more parsed languages... Emitter belongs in

I don not think common packages should have sub packages. If you want
a driver package put it under compiler. If you want a common codegen,
put it under compiler.

Your changes in this commit caused 136 errors in my project's impl and
test suite.

If we can't talk about these massive types of changes first, I will
veto the commit and ask you to revert, then we can talk.

We still need to decide about these changes because I don't agree with
the above stated.

Quoting Michael Schmalle <apache@teotigraphix.com>:

> Erik,
> I was wondering if we could agree, that before we move packages
> around that we could have a discussion first about the implications?
> I almost had a heart attack looking at the last svn update log. I
> seriously don't want to veto any commits but the farther we go with
> the development of the core visitor framework, the more code that is
> being built on it, specifically a couple projects of mine.
> Major refactors can be very disruptive.
> What is your strategy with MXML? Your implementation of vanilla,
> your are creating instances with the 'new' operator?
> Are you planning on implementing Alex's data structures?
> Mike
> --
> Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC
> http://www.teotigraphix.com