flex-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJx] TestBase not using 'actual' compile method from MXMLJSC
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 18:54:10 GMT
I guess I have to stick my foot in my mouth on this.

I see you didn't actually implement the compiler yet. So I will stand
by what I just said that changing this is bad so don't do it (future

But you did clobber a commit I made a day or two ago. This is making
AMD tests I have broken.

I will add the methods back if you are done working on the TestBase class.

If you want to functional test the compiler, make a new test base.

1443539 commit.

Quoting Michael Schmalle <apache@teotigraphix.com>:

> Hi Erik,
> Yes, this was a bad move. The way the TestBase was setup was testing
> 'unit's of code, thus we are using a simple setup for config and a
> simple AST syntax request to get a FileNode.
> You need to change it back, what you changed it to is a 'functional'
> test. We are not testing functionality of the compiler.
> By doing what you did, you introduced variance to the tests. The way
> the TestBase was setup was a very simple load, parse, return the node.
> Also, I don't think you didn't an SVN update did you? I added two
> methods that allowed the sub classes to added libraries and source
> paths to the configuration. addLibraries(), addSourcePath()
> Can you please revert?
> Thanks,
> Mike
> Quoting Erik de Bruin <erik@ixsoftware.nl>:
>> Hi Mike (I guess ;-)),
>> I was poking around the FalconJx unit tests to set up the testing of
>> projects (tests made up of more than one (generated) file), and I
>> noticed that the tests "roll their own" implementation of the
>> compilation process. It's generally the same, but some differences
>> exist. While trying to get the project testing going, I thought I'd
>> refactor MXMLJSC in such a way that it can be used for unit testing as
>> well. I thought this might increase the reliability of the unit tests,
>> as they would always test the compilation implementation that is
>> actually used by FalconJx. Is that a really bad idea?
>> EdB
>> --
>> Ix Multimedia Software
>> Jan Luykenstraat 27