flex-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Smith <gosm...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Language features
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 18:38:14 GMT
Adding abstract classes and private constructors to Falcon should be easy. Adding generics
and method overloading would be considerably harder but probably doable after a lot of design.
Two other features worth considering are strong function types (i.e., a type like (int, int):String
for a function that takes two ints and returns a String) and strongly-typed fixed arrays (i.e.,

I'm going to continue to focus on MXML. Until it is finished, we can't move from the old compiler
to the new one. I don't recommend making any modifications to the old compiler.

- Gordon

-----Original Message-----
From: Frédéric THOMAS [mailto:webdoublefx@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2013 3:07 AM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: Language features

+1 Nick

May be possible, I don't know, time ago, I looked at adding the possibility to have the constructor
accepting other NS than public to simulate abstract classes and seen 2 places where it was
checked but didn't dare to change it besause I didn't know the impacts, I hope someone better
than me here can take care of it, compiler geeks, are you here ?