flex-dev mailing list archives

From "Kessler CTR Mark J" <mark.kessler....@usmc.mil>
Subject RE: VRule and HRule
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 19:41:55 GMT

   Well my only requirements in the end is a double line (stroke & shade line 2px high
total) and the ability to put padding before / after it so it can be used as a separator as
well.    Currently I just have an AS component that is skinless which works well.

   Ultimately I would like to have a complete spark component set even if it's not much different
from the MX versions.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:30 PM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: VRule and HRule

On 2/27/13 10:52 AM, "Harbs" <gavharbs@gmail.com> wrote:

> So you think there should be a separate H/VRule and H/VRuleSkin?
Not really, I was just pointing out the Spark-thinking.  That would be so
heavy, it really wouldn't be practical, but it sure would be powerful.
> Is it really necessary to have it fully skinnable?
No, just thinking out loud.  But if it isn't skinnable and goes in
spark.components then it isn't "consistent".
> I was just thinking of allowing to specify an alternate stroke (for gradients,
> etc) and allow all the standard filters, etc.
> By default it would have a solid stroke, and you'd just specify the weight
> along with the width and height of the component.
So if you do that (which is a reasonable thing to do), keep in mind that if
you have a weight property, then it doesn't make sense to have a replaceable
stroke for which the weight property may not apply.

If it were me, I'd probably call it SolidLine instead of Rule and put it in
the graphics package so folks know it isn't skinnable, and not allow
replacing of the stroke.  I think that would hit the 80% case.

View raw message