flex-dev mailing list archives

From "Kessler CTR Mark J" <mark.kessler....@usmc.mil>
Subject RE: Odd issue with unused namespaces in style blocks
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:07:36 GMT

-Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Mclean [mailto:justin@classsoftware.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:16 PM
To: flex-dev@apache.org
Subject: Odd issue with unused namespaces in style blocks

Hi,

Run into a very odd Flex issue today.

Some time ago in a large application we had cleaned up all of the styles and moved most to
a central location, however a few style blocks were left about with local styles still containing
the spark namespaces.

<fx:Style>
	@namespace s "library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark";
	.hoverStyle {
		symbolColor: #1E78D2;
		rollOverColor: #EDF5FF;
		color: #1E78D2;
	}
</fx:Style>

Using the halo theme the application worked correctly but using the spark theme sometimes
and seeming randomly item renderers would show up totally blank. Managed to finally find a
sequence of steps that causes the issue to happen every time and it seem the fix to this issue
was to remove the unused namespaces!

<fx:Style>
	.hoverStyle {
		symbolColor: #1E78D2;
		rollOverColor: #EDF5FF;
		color: #1E78D2;
	}
</fx:Style>

Anyone run into an issue like this or have any idea to why having an unused namespace would
cause item renders to randomly show up blank?

I've not be able to reproduce the issue in a small sample of code but thought I should email
the list just in case anyone run into this issue or knows why this might occur.

Thanks,
Justin