flex-dev mailing list archives

From David Coleman <david_coleman_...@hotmail.com>
Subject -size-report question
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 17:22:43 GMT
Hi group,  I have a question.  I have searched Google high and low, and I can't find an answer
to my query.

(I'm using adobe sdk 4.6 & 4.5.1A, but I assume this is a relatively version agnostic
option).  When I use the compiler flag -size-report={file name}, i get a nice neat xml file
describing how many bytes the various pieces of my code use.

HOWEVER, when I have modules in my project, I can't seem to make the compiler output a different
file for each swf.  so what happens is that my "size_report.xml" only contains the info for
the last module in the compilation order...  Very disappointing to see such a useful feature
hobbled in this way...

Do any of the many guru types on this list have any ideas that could help me?  I am developing
a facebook game and EVERY byte counts.  I'd really like to know where all the bytes in my
game come from so I can slash them where possible.

Thank you so much in advance for taking the time to answer me!

David K. Coleman,