flex-dev mailing list archives

From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJx] where I'm going to be
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 15:20:35 GMT
Mike,

Yes, that's a clear introduction of what it aims to and it was important to
clarify that.

On the wiki page, l would like to understand little bit more, even if maybe,
not sure, I can figure out what is a javascript target, AST walker,
JavaScript emitter and node switch strategy, it would be nice if it would be
explained.

-Fred.

-----Message d'origine-----
From: Michael Schmalle
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 4:03 PM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: [FalconJx] where I'm going to be

Yeah,

When I wrote that I was basically brainstorming and talking to myself.

Since it's in the trunk now, it does require a more laymans
explanation which I will work on.

Really, here is the Overview.

"FalconJx is being designed to be able to compile ActionScript3 source
code business logic to JavaScript business logic. At the moment, there
are no plans for the "majic bullet" compile to SWF and Browser with
the same view code."

When I say business logic, I mean, no views, no ui components, no
flash display list to javascript DOM conversations. Just business logic.

My main intention is not to "bloat" the project's definition with over
expectations like what happened in the definition of FalconJS.

I just want to be able to write OOP type strict code in AS3 and
compile it to JavaScript at the moment.

Mike