flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [ASJS] AS to HTML5 in action: announcing the ASJS Publisher and the VanillaSDK JS framework.
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:30:04 GMT

On 1/25/13 10:11 AM, "Frank Pepermans" <frankprms@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I concur, this is huge news for the future of Flex! Congrats to making this
> possible!
> About the vanilla sdk, I have some Jangaroo experience, there you can build
> a full AS Button component,
> which compiles to JS without the need of a vanilla SDK.
> I assume technically you can do the same, if the basic Flash API stuff is
> 'emulated' for JS and included with the compilation?
Yes, it is great to see other approaches being investigated.  I think there
three approaches right now.

1) Jangaroo: Actually a product.  Uses Flash API emulation
2) Eriks' VanillaSDK: Still a proof of concept.  My main concerns are that
it will be a lot of work to finish, and that it will drag with it all of the
unused code the Flex SDK does with its intertwined dependencies.
3) My approach: Still a proof of concept.  Brand new SDK designed to be
optimally implemented in both JS and AS.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.

View raw message