flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Adobe BlazeDS and 3.X SDK branch donation
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 06:37:29 GMT

On 1/21/13 10:32 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>> 3) Need a bug fixed in 3.x SDK that cannot be practically resolved via
>> workaround or monkey-patch.
>> Until now at work, they've been able to survive with that.
> And you can run Adobe Flex 4.x like this as well (and I know project that do).
> Issue here is that the monkey patches remain in house and are not given back
> into the SDK for everyone to use.
I don't doubt that, but what I'm saying is that it is probably less hours
for me to create and attach a monkey-patch for a 3.x issue in JIRA for the
few times I think it will come up vs spend all of these hours on the
donation and ask you all to spend hours on release candidates.

But I could be wrong about that so I'm interested in getting better data to
use to make a decision.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.