flex-dev mailing list archives

From Carol Frampton <cfram...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: MXML heap size
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:07:27 GMT

On 1/17/13 6 :17AM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>This was just raised:
>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33353
>
>From a quick look it seems that the mxmlc (or mxml.bat) doesn't use
>jvm.config but not I'm not 100% sure. Can anyone confirm this?

I believe that is correct.  That is why we removed the jvm.config file
from bin.  The Adobe Flex documentation will not always apply now that we
are at Apache.

ColdFusion and JRun had a modified java launcher which I worked on years
ago which Flex adopted it.  It used jvm.config.  Adobe did not donate the
launcher.  I can't remember all the reasons but it was an exe and I want
to say it was written in C which would have caused us problems.

In Apache land I think the answer is to edit the scripts.

Carol