flex-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Continuing discussion on Installer 2.0 RC1
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 21:31:17 GMT

On 1/2/13 1:04 PM, "Om" <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
>> On 1/2/13 12:18 PM, "Om" <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Thanks Greg.
>>> Alex, I think it is pretty clear from Greg's response on how we want to
>>> proceed.  Do you have any more clarifications, or can we go ahead with
>> the
>>> [VOTE] for RC1?
>> Yes, it is good to learn that publishing on the site is not considered a
>> release and you can publish the xml file on the site without a vote.
>> You can start a vote for RC1 if you want, but I think we should fix up a
>> few
>> of the issues folks have brought up so far. The ones I saw are:
>> 1) the name of the default value for FLEX_HOME_MAC folder.
> Can you or Carol fix this and check it in?
I'll do it.  Carol is out rest of today I think.
>> 2) Greek locale capitalization (I think we'll probably have to live with
>> truncation issues in this version like prior versions)
> Truncated labels automatically show tooltips.  So we are not a lot of
> functionality.  But I  do agree it doesnt look too good.  I am loathe to
> changing the size of buttons.  Maybe someone can make the text's font size
> to scale down automatically based on content?
> Bonus:  This would be a very nice feature addition to the Flex SDK :-)
Scaling font size would make it unreadable in many cases.  I think the SDK
feature you are supposed to use is constraint columns.  I think the visual
designers are probably ok having buttons grow to fit the text, but they want
two buttons on top of each other to grow to the size of the larger button.

But I just want us to get the capitalization right in this release.  Let's
see if we can get someone to tell us what to change.

>> I wish we could get our
>> final URLs before sending out this release.
> I am okay with waiting if we know that the timeframe is in the order of
> days and not weeks/months.
I guess the best plan is to make an RC2 soon with the non-final URLs and be
prepared to cancel the vote if we get our final URLs on Monday next week.  I
think the issue is that the board secretaries are still out on holiday and
don't have final minutes for infra to use to build out the TLP stuff.
> Thanks,
> Om

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.

View raw message