flex-dev mailing list archives

From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: README and RELEASE_NOTES file names
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 00:26:27 GMT
On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 4:18 PM, Om <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>wrote:
>> Hi,
>> > The links should work fine.  It is just that the file README does not
>> show
>> > up in the directory listing.  For example the directory listing at:
>> > http://www.apache.org/dist/flex/4.9.0/ does not appear to have a
>> >
>> > But the link: http://www.apache.org/dist/flex/4.9.0/README works just
>> fine.
>> Yep that's because I added the file about an hour ago. They weren't
>> working before that. :-)
>> Justin
> I remember that it used to work fine with 4.8.0.  I believe things broke
> either during the move from incubator to flex or when we updated the site
> to point to 4.9.0 from the earlier 4.80 release.
> BTW, did we lose all history in SVN when we were promoted to a TLP?

Never mind.  I unselected "Stop on copy/rename" in the "Show Log" window in
TortoiseSVN.  That brought up the whole history.

BTW, Nick had fixed the link to
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/flex/4.8.0-incubating/README in rev:
And the link does work.

When you made the 4.9.0 release, you probably just updated the link, but we
never had README in the 4.9.0 release.   Which is why the link was broken.

We really need to have a note about this in the Release Guide.