flex-dev mailing list archives

From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject New website release timing
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 19:15:21 GMT

> Second, the Apache Publicity & Marketing team has scheduled the Press
> Release to publish to the wire services we subscribe to on Monday January
> 14th. This will give the Apache Flex website team (Nick K + ???) time to
> add all of the content to the publicly facing website. I understand that
> others are finalizing the work on the new version of the installer and are
> wrapping things up on this project, too. I assume someone will help Nick
> get all of Michelle Yaiser's Flex content uploaded before then....(LOL! or
> not....)

Not to take anything away from Nick's awesome work so far(thanks Nick!) ,
the website still needs quite some work.  I dont think it is fair to impose
this kind of a deadline on Nick.  And given that no one else has
volunteered to help out with the new website content, there is a very good
chance we wont have the new website up and running before the press release
goes out.

We have two choices, either we get more people to help out with the new
website content or we let the old website stay when the press release goes
out.  There are definitely going to be quite a few folks who will want to
check out our website when the release goes out.  It is better to have a
working, albeit duller looking website than an incomplete one.

Thoughts?

Om