flex-dev mailing list archives

From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ASJS and Starling (was Re: [FalconJx] where I'm going to be)
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 20:06:31 GMT
On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 9:39 AM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

> Erik,
> I think having a separate folder off root will make it hard to maintain the
> parallel-ism.  That would be two different SVN projects to figure out how
> release together, and two different checkins to keep things in sync.
> In my vision, the new framework does need to allow for alternative
> implementations like Om is doing, not all of which need to have an exact JS
> equivalent if an existing JS equivalent is sufficient.
> One way would be to add a third folder next to as and js.  We could just
> call in "om" for now, or maybe "gpu".
> But as long as the files he adds doesn't mess up what we're doing, I don't
> think it should matter too much right now.  We're all in experimenting
> mode.
Except that the name ASJS is misleading, the way it is currently set up.
I dont want this to cause confusion and prevent people from contributing to
this new framework because they are not interested in a JS specific

Either we rename ASJS to something else, or we split it up into two top
level projects.  I am fine with either option.