flex-dev mailing list archives

From Phillip ...@easee.de>
Subject Re: A code name for Apache Flex 5?
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 18:57:51 GMT
I personally think there should be a codename. We are all "brain-artists" and prove me wrong,
but sometimes this work is dry and odd. All committers and people working here, their brains
need a star shining at the horizon, to be motivated to reach our goals. A codename represents
an image and gives this whole thing a personality, besides moving packages, breaking 42 major
tests, compiling modules, run for the 100th time in a day etc.
Just my opinion.

So +1 for a codename

Excalibur is great, (Doug | King) Arthur and 5th (century | flex version) suits perfectly
well for me.
What about just the word
"grale" addressing the same King Arthur story, but standing for his search for it.. the wholy
grale.

Its short and meaningless to those having concerns of a codename, but shiny to those who know
the true meaning.

Ps:
said to introdruce myself asap a while ago.
hope a link to xing is ok ;)
http://www.xing.com/profile/Phillip_Luedeling
Excuse its all german!

mobile mail

Am 30.01.2013 um 18:22 schrieb David Coleman <david_coleman_007@hotmail.com>:

> from the outside, looking in, I'll throw my hat in the ring for "Excalibur".  It just
sounds like a fitting successor to "Hero"...