flex-dev mailing list archives

From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Splitting up Flex and Air?
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 17:20:50 GMT
Hey ... I was never talking about distributing them ... The mavenizer is all about you downloading
(after Accepting whatever license Adobe wants you to accept). And then simply to transform
this download on your local machine. So every user that wants to use it has to mavenize a
FDK before using it.

The tool I promised to create (as soon as I have the time to do so) will take care of the
downloading but at this point the Mavenizer expects you to download the stuff manually and
this code will be the base for the tool I am intending on building ... but I don't want to
go into a discussion about this again.

Currently I'll simply stick to mavenizing every jar in the Air SDK into the groupId "com.adobe.air.compiler"
and hard-code an exception to omit the 3 files from "com.adobe.flex.compiler" or "org.apache.flex.compiler".
I think this should do the trick.

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 28. Januar 2013 18:02
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Splitting up Flex and Air?

On 1/28/13 12:25 AM, "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> a while ago a user complained that in my Mavenizer I was deploying the
> Air jars in {fdk-root}/lib to the group
> org.apache.flex.compiler/com.adobe.flex.compiler ... ths is indeed not
> quite correct and I would like to fix this.
>
> All Air sdks except 2.6 contain only adt.jar so I think I'm on the
> safe side, but 2.6 has more libs "baksmali.jar", "smali.jar". So would
> it be safe to hard-code these three jars and to place them in
> "com.adobe.air.compiler", or would this have negative side-effects?

I don't know what those jars do.  If they come from the Adobe AIR SDK download then unless
you have a redistribution agreement with Adobe, it is technically not allowed for these jars
to be in FlexMojos distribution.

That's why in the Apache Flex Maven utilities you promised to write that download utility
that requires the user accept the license and then get the stuff from Adobe.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team