flex-dev mailing list archives

From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Donation of Flexmojos
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 17:17:46 GMT
Well I talked to Velo ... the problem is that he thinks that there are about 100 people who
have contributed stuff during time (Mabe this number is a little high, but surely a lot of
people have contributed stuff).

Will Velo be able to donate the code if not all of the contributors agree?

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Greg Reddin [mailto:gredbug@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 24. Januar 2013 17:57
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Donation of Flexmojos

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 6:12 AM, christofer.dutz@c-ware.de < christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
wrote:

> Yeah ... the problem is ... could someone please write down what would
> be needed?

Hi Chris,

After researching this, I believe we need to go through the IP Clearance process. I'm willing
to be convinced otherwise if someone thinks it's not necessary. Here's a page describing the
process:

http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html

and here's more details on the process and the forms that need to be filled
out:

http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html

The main question for Velo is whether he has sufficient rights to donate the whole thing or
if other parties need to be involved. If other parties are involved #2 below gets more complicated.
If not, I think we can follow this process:

1. Flex PMC should vote to accept the donation.

2. Velo sends ICLA and SGA documents:

ICLA: http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
SGA: http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt

3. Go through the process described at
http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html

The software tarball will be checked into the incubator. After the IP Clearance process completes
we can check it into the Flex repo.

Does that clear things up enough to get started?

Thanks,
Greg