flex-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hastings <paul.hasti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: To support like ?
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 18:50:34 GMT
On 1/30/2013 1:31 AM, Jarosław Szczepankiewicz wrote:
> Hi,
> those requirements are always better supported on the server side.
> Imagine the actionscript library size for Excel & full PDF support,
> apart from the library size it is almost always required to print /
> export full content of the table and not the current page,

i agree. we used to generate PDF client-side using purePDF. recently switched to
server-side iText/coldfusion & reduced the app size by > 1mb, sped up processing
noticeably plus gained  more control of the finished product (admittedly purePDf
wasn't 100% finished porting from iText to AS3--that was a really good idea
btw). ditto for importing/exporting spreadsheets--its now like 2 lines of
coldfusion code server-side.

View raw message