flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1433766 - /flex/sdk/branches/develop/ide/checkAllPlayerGlobals.sh
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 04:29:03 GMT
HI,

> The other script doesn't appear to download anything.
/ide/frameworks/makeApacheFlexforFlashBuilder.sh uses curl to download several things including
the 11.1 playergolobal.swc.

>  and all of Adobe's websites try to make very clear the terms of use
Totally unclear to me especially in that case as none of the licences refer to playerglobal
specifically.

> .We (Apache) should not circumven that,
I'm certainly not trying to do that.

My intention is to make the SDK:
a) Easier to reliably use and test. Currently we have no way of knowing which playerglobal.swc
you are actually using. Copying files about of the same same give a large potential for confusion.
Note the md5 checks in the script.
b) Make it easier for users to use the version of the flash player they want to with the SDK.

Thanks,
Justin