flex-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Schmalle <apa...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject Re: Tools vs Impl - Don't mix the two was [ASJS] Integration with existing JS libraries and components
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 12:14:22 GMT

My comments below only were to echo the understanding of your
experience in the AS->JS.

When I said Job it is the emitter, the emitter is the Job, meaning the
tool(FalconJx) is used to do the Job(emit javascript). When I design
frameworks, I make sure there are clear dividing lines between what
does what.

So my point was, with my work on the compiler, the emitters have NO
bearing on my development of the tool(FalconJx). I designed the
emitters so thy are completely decouple from the compiler in that they
don't talk to it, it hands them the AST not the other way around.

So, stepping off on the new foot, my excitement when we first met was
real because I know how much time you have invested in this, and I
wanted you to understand that I am listening to what you say and value
those "dead ends". I also appriciate that you can enable us to avoid
them as well.

I am going to get that AMD stuff working, but like I said, I have to
understand the js before I get it. I'm putting the MXML on hold, to do
this as I see this is more important. Plus I have other projects in my
life that are about to light on fire as well. :)

Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC

View raw message