flex-dev mailing list archives

From "Kessler CTR Mark J" <mark.kessler....@usmc.mil>
Subject RE: ASJS and Starling (was Re: [FalconJx] where I'm going to be)
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 15:55:59 GMT

   Well Firefox, Chrome, Safari(disabled by default), Opera, few mobile ones support it.
IE only supports it atm with a plugin.  However it is pretty much a deal breaker to design
the end state twice.

But if you want an easy to read does my browser support WebGL type page.. try this. Yay/nay

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Newman [mailto:CaptainN@unFocus.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:37
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: ASJS and Starling (was Re: [FalconJx] where I'm going to be)

WebGL isn't supported by IE (and various flavors of WebKit and maybe not
Opera either), so you'd have to do two implementations, one in WebGL,
and a fallback in Canvas (which in IE is GPU accelerated).

Kevin N.

On 1/22/13 7:26 AM, Kessler CTR Mark J wrote:
>     I was going to recommend trying a WebGL for GPU rendering.  However, while most browsers
support it.  Microsoft has not yet jumped on board.  It does use the HTML5 Canvas to render
>     I didn't even remember it existed really until I read an article about a game from
Mozilla demo studio called BananaBread.  It was a "3D first person shooter game compiled to
JS+WebGL".  The part that caught my eye was the "Compiled into JS+WebGL".
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/demos/detail/bananabread
>     Are there any other well adopted standards similar to WebGL?
> -Mark

View raw message