flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flex GUI Designer tools
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 16:11:37 GMT

On 10/2/12 8:55 AM, "Sebastian Mohr" <masuland@gmail.com> wrote:

> @Adobe ... what's wrong with continuing building GUI
> designer tools for Apache Flex? Is that really something
> that is not worth investing into? You already created those
> tools. So, why not sharing some of your expertise with the
> community, and, not locking your code in the archives of
> Adobe history?
This has been discussed before.  Design View is highly dependent on a Flex
SDK version.  It is not practical for Adobe to maintain DV in FB now that
SDKs are coming from Apache.

I think the DV code is flawed for that reason and some others.  It is
probably better to simply start over.  AFAIK, it is "just" an Eclipse

If figuring out some aspect of the plug-in turns out to be difficult, I can
try to see if there are some pieces we could donate, but the assessment from
the owners of the code is that there isn't much that is re-usable.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.

View raw message