flex-dev mailing list archives

From Carol Frampton <cfram...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: InstallApacheFlex - Where to host it?
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 18:42:18 GMT
That looks nice to me with one modification suggestion earlier in another
thread.  Bertrand and others suggested whiteboard live under flex rather
than under every sub-project.

After I checked in the package stuff I realized I forgot to add the rat
check so I'm doing that now.  I found a few problematic files which I will
report back with shortly.

On 8/15/12 2 :07PM, "Erik de Bruin" <erik@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

>Carol, Om,
>My $0.02:
>- a RELEASE_NOTES makes sense;
>- my suggestion would be to have whiteboard, tags, branches and trunk
>in the root of 'utilities' and place the 3 project folders in trunk, I
>like 'common', 'installer' and 'installerBadge' with project names to
>match. This (to me) looks cleanest, with the least levels of nesting.
>For the foreseeable future I can't imagine more than a couple of
>utility projects being added, so it won't get crowded any time soon
>Good luck with the 'reorganisation', Carol, and thank you!
>On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 7:46 PM, Carol Frampton <cframpto@adobe.com>
>> Om and Erik (and anyone else working on this now),
>> I'm a little confused by the status of InstallApacheFlex right now.
>> I just checked in a couple of changes to InstallApacheFlex/build.xml so
>> that it will build and I added a "release" target to build the source
>> release distros.  You might consider adding a README or RELEASE_NOTES
>> which, in my opinion, only needs to be a one or two line description of
>> what it is but more is perfectly fine too.
>> I did not reorganize the branch structure since I'm not sure you want it
>> done.  We need a tags directory.  With the current structure we'd need 3
>> tags per release.
>> As far as names go I'd prefer ApacheFlexUtilitiesCommon was called
>>  It is already in the flex/utilities so I don't think the longer name
>> any value.  I'd also move InstallApacheFlex to something like install or
>> installer and InstallApacheFlexBadge to installBadge or installerBadge
>> I can live with the current names.
>> I'm not planning to do anything else unless I hear otherwise.
>> Carol
>Ix Multimedia Software
>Jan Luykenstraat 27
>3521 VB Utrecht
>T. 06-51952295
>I. www.ixsoftware.nl
>P.S. I would like everybody to know that as of this morning I broke my
>personal record for days lived.

View raw message