flex-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Carol Frampton <cfram...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: next release 4.9 or 4.8.1?
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 14:10:35 GMT
I thought about this a bit more last night after I sent the mail.

My vote would be to set up trunk to be 4.8.1 but I think we could use at
least one, for flex.next which could become either 4.9 or 5.0.  Or rather
than a branch for each version, have trunk as the stable branch and one or
more branches with various degrees of stability.  I think I remember Roy
saying httpd did it this way.  When a feature became "ready" it is merged
to trunk.

As someone tweeted last night, I branched trunk to
whiteboard/cframpton/adobe.next yesterday which will be populated with the
Adobe flex5 work as soon as it gets legal clearance.  Some of the incoming
code is completely done, some completely done and tested, and some in
various states of doneness. There are also just general bug fixes.  Once
we've picked this apart and decide what we want and what we don't want it
would be good to have a branch to put the "keep" code in since I don't
think much of it, other than bug fixes, belongs in trunk.

Just fyi, currently changing versions requires a few too many hand-edits
of various files. Minimally I want to do it one more time and document all
the places, but automating it would be even better.


On 7/23/12 4 :44PM, "Carol Frampton" <cframpto@adobe.com> wrote:

>Any predictions what will be the next released version? I'd like to bump
>the version numbers before I go off and do some non-build work.  If we
>guess wrong we go always go back and change them again.

View raw message