flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: updating ApacheFlexSDK URL in Om's installer
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 17:02:37 GMT

I might be able to help with this. Can you host PHP (which is the
language I'm most familiar with)?

I can call the 'closer-cgi' (whatever that is, I'd have to read up a
bit on the intended functionality) from PHP and return the config XML.

I can create a patch for the app as well, allowing it to handle the
call to the web service instead of reading the config XML from local

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 6:05 PM, OmPrakash Muppirala <omuppi1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Carol,
> I was thinking about this.  One way to do this is to resolve the preferred
> mirror url on the server side and write it to the config xml that the app
> loads on initialize.
> I am guessing a CGI script or jsp page calls the closer-cgi, gets the
> correct url and populates the config xml.
> I hand have no experience with cgi, so someone else needs to figure this
> out.
> Thoughts?
> Om
> On Jul 25, 2012 8:09 AM, "Carol Frampton" <cframpto@adobe.com> wrote:
>> The Installer ApacheFlexSDK URL still points to the release_candidate_3
>> package.  It needs to be update to point to the dist url.  Is there a way
>> to do this so it will choose a mirror or do we have to use the apache
>> dist/incubator/flex url?
>> Carol

Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

P.S. I would like everybody to know that as of this morning I broke my
personal record for days lived.

View raw message