flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: Review after first months of Apache Flex, new guidelines and keeping Flex alive
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 14:48:54 GMT

On 6/5/12 1:30 AM, "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>

> Wouldn't it be possible to setup an old Jira of the same version Adobe used
> and then upgrade that version to the one apache uses ... export the issues and
> provide Apache with that dump?
That's what we did.

> But I agree that importing that many issues is problematic because it does
> tend to hang the system. But I can't see why Apache doesn't want you to use
> the Rest interface. With this you would have the opportunity to controll the
> load that is passed to Apache. Just by adding simple "waits" after every
> issue. Even with a wait of 2 seconds it would be possible to enter all of them
> within one day ... think this shouldn't cause any noticable stress on their
> Jira instance.
In part because the failure point seems to be when re-indexing.  If we
slow-feed 30K bugs in and then a re-index fails, there will be lots of pain
trying to recover.  They simply don't want to take that chance at this time.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.

View raw message