flex-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Committing to Trunk
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 05:11:42 GMT

On 2/20/12 7:33 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>> Definitely no need to wait to commit changes for which there are no Mustella
>> tests.  However, I thought we were going to try to cut a release that was
>> close to "parity" first.
> Can we do that without Mustella? or the compiler?
Sure.  If there is no test for it, then there is no way you can "break the
build" by checking it in.  I'm thinking specifically about your locale
patch.  Since you are not a committer yet, we just need to find a committer
to review it (or in this case, oversee the review since I don't think there
are other Australians on the PPMC).
> We have an ant build script that works checked into SVN (build_framwork.xml)
> why not use that for now until something better is decided?
Yes, I want to continue to use ANT, but our continous integration at Adobe
was using Cruise Control to run that ANT script.  There was a past
discussion on Apache-owned CI technology.  I think we should use one of them
to run our ANT script.  I'm not in favor of switching away from ANT to Maven
or other things like it at this time.

Making the releases work with Maven is a different effort that everyone
wants to see.

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.

View raw message