flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Flex Framework rsl's
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 17:15:35 GMT
There are no plans at this time to host RSLs somewhere.  It might be
possible if we get enough support for it.  However, they won't be signed and
I'm concerned about the security implications of that.  I'm not a security
expert, but I believe unsigned RSLs will leave you exposed to a
man-in-the-middle attack, at that alone might be sufficient to kill any
momemtum for a central place to pick up RSLs.

I still hope to make RSLs an unnecessary thing in about two to three years.
More on that later after we get a first release out and I get some time to
work on it.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team